Gotta Love Aloe Vera
The Amazing Aloe Plant
Aloe Vera is an incredibly versatile plant with some amazing properties. Not only is it great for your health, growing it doesn’t hurt the environment nearly as much as some other crops. Here is a brief list of the key benefits of Aloe:
- Aloe Vera contains many vitamins including A, C, E, folic acid, choline, B1, B2, B3 (niacin), B6.
- 20 minerals are found in Aloe Vera including: calcium, magnesium, zinc, chromium, selenium, sodium, iron, potassium, copper, manganese.
- Estimates of the amino acids found in aloe range from 18-20 amino acids, with all 8 essential amino acids.
- Aloe contains three plant sterols, which are important fatty acids- HCL cholesterol (which lowers fats in the blood), campesterol, and B-sitosterol. All are helpful in reducing symptoms of allergies and acid indigestion.
- Aloe Vera is a well-known adaptogen. This allows you an increased ability to cope with stress (physical, emotional and environmental stress like pollution)
- Aloe Vera is a gelatinous plant food, just like seaweeds and chia. This will help the proper elimination of waste from your body and help the detoxification of your body.